For Safety Officers there is a requirement to hold a Level 4 NVQ in Spectator Safety Management, as suggested in the Safety at Sports Grounds Guidance (Green Guide).
A National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) is a qualification that recognises the competence of a person in a work situation. Unlike traditional qualifications that rely on teaching and examinations, NVQs use performance on the job as a basis for assessment.
The following options are designed to support the diverse needs of individuals wishing to obtain this qualification.
Option 1: Assessment only
This is for those who believe they have the experience and knowledge to be immediately assessed against the standard to gain the qualification. You are required to be in a position to be assessed at two live events in the capacity of a Safety Officer's role.
This gives you an e-portfolio to share your work and communicate with your assessor, who will support and guide you through the process. This provides you with registration to the awarding body and a certificate upon successful completion.
To book this option please click here.
Option 2: Assessment and course
We have designed a five day training programme in consultation with our partner, the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) to support those who require the knowledge to gain the Level 4 qualification. Once the course is completed the assessment can take place.
Price: £2,060 plus £835 for the assessment.
(A discount applies to the assessment when booked at the same time as the course).
To book this option, select 'Book Online' below. You will be presented with an option to add the assessment to your shopping cart during the checkout process.
Option 3: Course only
For those who have had no formal training but have the qualification or for those who wish to do the qualification at a later date (however we suggest you must complete the qualification within 2 years of attending the course).
Price - £2,060
To book this option, select 'Book Online' below.
What our customers say:
"The trainer was fantastic, very knowledgeable, approachable and down to earth. Explained everything and made the course very easy to understand, a pleasure to be around." Samantha Kingsley, Glasgow Life
"The trainer was really approachable, and was happy to help/answer any questions. We were made to feel comfortable with an easy environment to learn. Great trainer - thank you very much." Karen Randall, Swindon Town Football Club
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the appropriate legislation, regulations and guidance relevant to this area
- Develop effective stakeholder management internally and externally, in planning and managing spectator events
- Demonstrate assessment methods for planning and managing a spectator safety event
- Calculate safe capacities, densities and crowd flows, whilst considering other issues such as crowd behaviour
- Produce policies relevant to your venue(s) and events(s) for the management of a safe event, considering issues such as traffic, crowd, medical, communication and resource management, temporary structures and other technical considerations
- Complete a simulation exercise in operational management of an assigned event, including emergency management