Never has it been more important to ensure safety, security and success of events at sporting venues.
In partnership with the Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA) and our wider partners in government and professional bodies, this gives the latest advice to improve safety and security at sporting venues for any event.
Ensuring a risk based approach is a critical activity which is embedded throughout this course. From the public travelling to the venue, enjoying the event and getting home again. We consider normal and emergency conditions at every phase to ensure good planning and management to ensure a successful event.
What our customers say:
"All of the sessions on this course were useful, thank you. Absolutely met my learning objectives. Would thorougly recommend." John Boulter, Hertfordshire County Council
"Excellent course and trainer." Ross Forsyth, London Borough of Hillingdon
Who should attend?
Those who are involved in planning and managing public safety at sporting venues.
To provide delegates with the opportunity to apply integrated safety management to sports grounds.
By the end of this event you will be able to:
- Explain the implications of key legislation and guidance in respect of such venues and events.
- Apply the concept and rationale of Integrated Safety Management.
- Utilise the relationship between risk, safety and security to inform the planning for a variety of venues and events including multi-site situations
- Identify the challenges inherent in achieving effective communication between professionals and with their ‘Public’
- Analyse the human and practical aspects associated with contingency and emergency planning and management at sports grounds and events.
- Examine previous events and incidents to identify the lessons to be learned.
For Safety Officers there is a requirement to hold a Level 4 NVQ in Spectator Safety Management. We provide the qualification and a five day course in support of the knowledge required to obtain the qualification.