Who should attend?
Those who plan for and manage safety at outdoor festivals and gatherings, or who represent organisations with a significant stakeholder input to the safety planning and management process.
By the end of this event you will be able to:
- Outline the principle guidelines and regulations for safety and contingency planning for events
- Produce a qualitative risk assessment of a site in order to determine its suitability for an event
- Evaluate the safety features of an event proposal
- Describe the key elements of a contingency plan for a proposed event
- Explain the benefits of multi–agency co–operation in the planning of events
- Identify good practice and lessons from events and incident case studies.
You should normally have attended the Introduction to Crowd and Event Safety Management course before attending this course but this requirement may be waived if you consider yourself to have relevant professional experience to progress directly to this course.