Who should attend?
This event typically brings together: event Managers, safety professionals, local authorities, events organisers and Safety Advisory Group members. It is also appropriate for those who work in: police, fire, ambulance, the voluntary sector and shopping centres, theme parks, sporting or music events etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Outline the principle guidelines, legislation and regulations for safety and contingency planning for crowds at venues and events
- Explain the difference between crowd management and crowd control
- Describe the phases and nature of crowds and their psychology
- Evaluate the safety features of an event proposal in terms of crowd management
- Conduct calculations for flow rates and density for people in crowded places
- Identify crowd behaviours in emergency situations.
Introduction to Crowd & Public Safety Management course advised.
The course supports the rest of the Public Safety curriculum by examining this particular discipline in detail, at a level suitable for those with a reasonable degree of professional experience.